- Close any programs, including the browser window that was used for the renewal process. Keep your printed copy of the username and password available.
- Click the Start button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Select All Programs, located just above the start button.
- Locate and open the ESET Folder
- Open the ESET NOD32 Antivirus or Smart Security folder.
- Click on Uninstall to begin the removal of the old software.
- On the new ESET NOD32 Setup Wizard, click Next
- Choose the Remove option if prompted.
- If prompted with a questionnaire, select the "I Am Uninstalling ESET NOD32 Antivirus Only Temporarily and Plan to install it again" option.
- Click Remove on the next screen to begin removing the program.
- If the ESET NOD32 Setup displays a screen titled "Files in Use", select the "Do Not Close Applications. (A Reboot Will Be Required)" option and proceed.
- Wait a few moments as the program is uninstalled.
- When prompted, reboot the computer.
Download New ESET Software
- Click on the Start button in the bottom left.
- Select All Programs located just above the start button.
- Open Internet Explorer from that list.
- In the address bar at the very top of the Internet Explorer window, erase what is in the bar, type in "www.eset.com" (without the quotes), and press
- Click on the Download button on the main menu.
- On the ESET Download Page, click on "I have already purchased ESET security software. Take me to my download."
- If you are using Windows XP or Windows Vista or Windows 7, click on the
green Download link next to the ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
- When prompted, choose Run instead of Save and wait a few minutes while the program downloads.
Install New ESET Software
- Once the program finishes downloading, choose the Run or Open to start the installation. If there is a security message from Windows, choose the Allow or Run option to continue the installation.
- On the new ESET NOD32 Installer, click on Next to begin the installation.
- Read and accept the End-User License Agreement.
- When prompted, enter the new ESET Username and Password, obtained after finishing the Activation process. The username begins with
- Put a check for the Detection of Unwanted Programs.
- Wait a few moments as the program installs. If prompted for permission to "Continue" or "Allow", always allow the setup to continue.
- When the installer is finished, the ESET renewal has been successfully completed.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.