- Open up Internet explorer, clear the address bar and type in www.eset.com to go to ESET´s webpage.
- Click on Download on the menu bar, and then click on
"Take me to my download"
- Click on the download button for Antivirus 5.
- Click on Run
- Confirm English is selected, and then Click on the Install button.
- A download window appears with a progress bar
- Click on "I Accept" on the End User License agreement.
- Put the check mark in for Detection of Potentially Unwanted Applications, click on
- Install window will appear, it will complete five passes to 100%.
- Click on the Finish.
- If the icon is orange for ESET on your system tray, open ESET
- Click on start, all programs, ESET, ESET antivirus.
- Click on the home tab, it will tell you what action is required next.
- It will likely tell you that you need to restart the computer.
- Once the computer is restarted, the icon should appear green and the process is complete.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Installing ESET Version 5 on top of Version 4
This guide will show you how to install the new version of your ESET NOD32 Antivirus over the top of version 4. It is recommended that you print or bookmark this guide as the system might be rebooted during the process.