- Click on the Start button in the bottom left, then choose
Control Panel on the right.
- In the Control Panel, select Uninstall a Program or
Programs and Features.
- Click View Installed Updates
- Scroll down the list to find Windows Internet Explorer 9. Click to highlight it.
- Click Uninstall above the list of updates.
- Wait a moment as it is uninstalled.
- When prompted to restart the computer, choose Restart Later
- Click on the Start button in the bottom left corner of the screen, then on the list of programs select
- In Windows Update, choose the Check for Updates option in the top left.
- Once the check is completed, click on the option in the middle that says
1 Important Update is Available
- Note: it may say that more than one update is available.
- Locate Internet Explorer 9 item on the list.
- Right-click on the Internet Explorer 9 update and choose
- Note: This step is optional, and is here to prevent Internet Explorer 9 from being automatically installed again. If you want to reinstall it, skip this step and restart your computer.
- Once finished, restart your computer to complete the process.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
How to uninstall Internet Explorer 9 for Windows Vista
The following article describes how to uninstall Internet Explorer 9 in Windows Vista.