To begin using the fingerprint scanner, take the following steps:
- Set up a user account on the computer that includes a login password.
- In Windows, click Start » All programs » Verisoft® » My Identity
- Click on Log On. This will open the Logon Wizard. Click Next.
- On the "Introduce Yourself" page, enter your Windows account name and password. Click Next.
- Click the Finish button if the logon was successful.
- On the My Identity window, click Register Fingerprints, and then click Next.
- There will be a display showing a left and a right hand with the individual fingers on each hand. (see image below courtesy of HP® website) Clicking on one of the fingers will highlight it. With the finger highlighted, slowly swipe your finger perpendicularly across the fingerprint scanner. It may be necessary to repeat this for the scanner to get a good reading. When it has, one of the numbered squares below the hands display will change color, indicating the scan was accepted. Do this repeatedly with the same finger until all of the numbered boxes change color.
- Click Next to register the fingerprint. If for some reason you wish to clear the scan, you can right click on the finger and select Start Over.
- You can repeat the above steps with a different finger to provide an alternate finger for the same account.
Note: It is important to remember the username and password used in setting up the fingerprint scanner. It will be required in order to login to Windows should the fingerprint reader become inoperable due to a hardware or software issue.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.