- Open the ESET software by clicking Start, All Programs, clicking the
ESET Folder, opening the ESET Smart Security (or NOD32 Anti Virus) folder, and finally clicking on
ESET Smart Security (or NOD32 Anti Virus).
- Press the F5 key to open the Advanced options window
- Click the + sign to the left of Network
- Click the + sign to the left of Personal Firewall
- Click the link for System Integration
- Under the System Integration drop-down menu select Personal firewall is completely disabled to disable the firewall.
- Click OK and Exit the ESET Smart Security window to complete the process.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Monday, November 7, 2011
How to disable the firewall in ESET Smart Security 5
ESET Smart Security 5 comes with a personal firewall enabled. This guide will walk through how to disable the firewall entirely or just disable components of the firewall.