- Click on the Start button
- In the search bar over the Start button type "power options"
- Click on "power options" to open
- In the power settings window there are 3 preset plans, select one of these or select
"customize" to create one to fit your needs.
- On this screen there are settings for when the computer goes to sleep and when the display is to turned off. There are more options available by clicking on
"change advanced power settings"
- Here it is possible to customize several more advanced settings such as when the hard drive powers down to sleep etc.
- On this screen there are settings for when the computer goes to sleep and when the display is to turned off. There are more options available by clicking on "change advanced power settings"
- Click on "OK" to save settings.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Friday, November 25, 2011
How To Change Power Saving Settings In Windows Vista
Description: This article will show how to change the default power saving settings in Windows Vista.