- Close any open programs on the Mac.
- Click on the Apple Icon in the top left corner of the screen, then choose
- On the new System Preferences window, choose Energy Saver
- If this is a MacBook or MacBook Pro you can choose between changing settings for when it is running on
Battery or when it is running from the Power Adapter
- Change the slider bars to the appropriate times, and check the appropriate options below. If you want to set it to Defaults, use the
Restore Defaults option in the bottom right.
- Once completed you may click on the Lock icon in the bottom right to prevent any further changes without entering the password.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Thursday, November 24, 2011
How to change energy saver settings in Mac OS X
Description: This is a how-to article for Mac OS X on the topic of changing the energy saver/sleep mode settings. This is primarily useful if the settings have changed, or if there is a specific need.