- First you must click on the Home tab as circled below.
- Next you must find a very small arrow (circled below), located at the far right of the styles box and click on it.
- This will bring up the Styles pane. At the bottom of this pane are three buttons. The third one over is the
Manage Styles button. Click on it.
- This will bring up the Manage Styles window. Scroll through the list and look for the
Balloon Text style. Highlight it. Then click the
Modify button below.
- In many cases when this happens, the font size is only 1pt. Click on the drop down list for font size and change it to something more readable between 8pt and 12pt. (8pt is the default.) Then click the OK button.
- Click the OK button at the bottom of the Manage Styles box. Then click the little X in the upper right hand corner of the Styles pane
- You should now be able to read what´s in the balloons!
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Friday, October 28, 2011
What to do when the reviewing "balloon" comments in Microsoft Word 2010 are too small to read
Sometimes when multiple users share documents in Microsoft Word 2010, reviewing comments and formatting changes will be turned on and show up as balloons to the right of the page. Sometimes a user will receive a Word file in which the balloon text is suddenly way too small to read as pictured below.