To set up the installation of Office Starter To-Go to a USB flash drive, take the following steps:
- From the Start menu, under Microsoft Office Starter - Office 2010 Tools, Click on Microsoft Office Starter To-Go Device Manager.
• It is necessary to have a USB flash drive connected with at least 393 MB of available storage space. The computer also needs to be connected to the Internet to download the necessary files.
- Click on the Start button at the bottom of the Starter To-Go Device Manger window.
- Select the device you wish to install the files on and click on the Install button. When the installation is complete, you can select Create another device or Close.
- To launch the application from the USB Flash Drive, double-click on the Microsoft Office Starter 2010 icon from the flash drive. (Alternatively, you can click on Microsoft Office starter from the auto-run option list when you plug in the drive). This will open a window from which you can select Excel or Word.
- Opening it for the first time, you will see a message installing prerequisites after which the selected program should open with the message Starting Microsoft Office Click to Run. Accept the license agreement.
- You can then begin to use the application.
- When you are finished using Office 2010 Starter To-Go on the other computer , you can close the To-Go application by right clicking on the Office icon in the system tray and clicking Close.
- Operating system: The computer the flash drive is connected to must be running Windows Vista Service Pack 1 or Windows 7, 32-bit or 64-bit version. If installed on an earlier version of Windows, the following error message will appear: “The application package on this device is corrupt. Repair your device using the Microsoft Office Starter To-Go Device Manager”
- A network connection is required during the process of setting up the To-Go device. If no network connection is available, the following error will appear: “The application package on this device is corrupt. Repair your device using the Microsoft Office Starter To-Go Device Manger”.
- A minimum of 393 MB of storage space is required on the flash drive, but more is recommended to allow for updates.