This guide will show you how to install memory in your motherboard.
Note: Be sure to use proper precautions including an anti-static wristband or an anti-static mat to avoid hardware damage. Before beginning, make sure the memory is the correct type for your motherboard. Avoid touching the metal contacts or chips.
- Locate the memory slots on the motherboard as shown in the figure below. Note that your motherboard may have two or more slots, and the exact location may differ.
- Determine which slots you intend to install the memory into. If you are installing one module, it will typically go in to DIMMA1 or a similarly named slot. For more modules, consult the motherboard manual for additional information.
- Push the retaining clips outward to allow installation of the memory module.
- Align the memory module with the slot by using the off-center notch as shown in the figure below.
- Insert the memory module and vertically and firmly in to the slot until the retaining clips snap on to the memory module.