- Visit the Windows Live Mail Download Page and click on the blue Download Now button to start the download.
- When prompted to Run or Save the file, choose the Run option and wait a moment as the file downloads.
- Click the Open or Run button to run the file and start the installer and wait a moment as the installer opens.
- When prompted with the Choose The Programs You Want to Install screen, check the boxes of the free Microsoft programs you wish to install. If you are unfamiliar with these programs or do not want them, ensure that only the Mail box is checked and click on Install across the bottom.
- If prompted to Please Close These Programs, make sure all open documents are saved and choose the Close These Programs For Me option, then click Continue.
- Wait a few moments as the installer downloads and installs the Windows Live Mail application.
- When the screen displays the You’re Almost Done message, check or uncheck the boxes as you wish and then click Continue. If you are not sure which boxes to check, just uncheck them all and click Continue.
The Download and Install Process is now complete. Now you will learn how to set up an email account.
- To open the new program, click on the start button in the bottom left and in the Search Programs and Files box, type in "Windows Live Mail" without the quotes and press enter. The program will open.
- If you want to make a shortcut of the program on your desktop, follow the instructions from the last step but do not press enter after typing in the name. Instead, right click on the Windows Live Mail icon and choose "Send To » Desktop (Create Shortcut)".
- When the program opens, you will be prompted to enter your E-Mail account information. If you do not have this information, contact your E-Mail provider or your Internet Service Provider.
That’s it! Once your account information is in, your E-Mail account will be set up on your new computer.