Determine the ESET Program Version:
- Close all open windows and programs on your computer. Be sure to save any work in open documents or files.
- Click on the Start button in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Open All Programs, located just above the start button.
- Select the ESET folder and open up the ESET Antivirus program. Write down whether it says ‘ESET NOD32’ or ‘ESET Smart Security’, you will need this later.
Locate ESET Username or Serial Number:
Note that only one of the two is necessary. If you already have your “EAV” username or your ESET Serial Number, proceed to Step 3.
- The ESET Serial Number located inside the ESET CD case, opposite the CD. If this information is not available, proceed to the next sub-step to find the username.
- On the new ESET window, click Protection Status in the top left. A message will display detailing the expiration date and the ESET Username. Write down the case-sensitive ESET Username and include the dash when writing; this will be used later on.
- The ESET Username begins with “EAV-“, followed by eight numbers.
- If the “Your license will run out shortly” message does not appear and the Protection Status is green and on Maximum Protection, you do not need to renew your ESET program yet. The program will notify you when you are within 10 to 14 days of renewal.
- Click on the link that says Click Here to Open the Purchase Page.
- On the new web page that appears, enter the ESET username in to the ‘Username’ field and click Submit.
- If the username is not available, enter the Serial number. Do not enter both the username and the serial number.
Note that the username and serial number in these examples are fictitious and will not work for renewal.
- The next page contains renewal options for ESET NOD32 and ESET Smart Security, separated by program. Whether it is ESET NOD32 or ESET Smart Security depends on what you wrote down earlier.
- Choose the license based on how many computers (listed as “Users”) the program will be used on and how many years the renewal will be good for. Example: If you want a one year license for three computers, get a 3 User, 1 Year item.
- Once you pick the package, click Add to Cart for that item.
- On the Shopping Cart screen, click on Checkout on the right side.
- Enter the information as with any online purchase.
- Note that while it appears an item will be physically shipped, the digital download only copy of the ESET software does not ship a physical item.
- Click the Accept button to finalize the order.