- Here's a look at the lock screen
- The default home screen (after installing Chrome)
- The contents of the "Google" folder by default
- The apps drawer, with a few custom apps installed. On this first page is the Currents app, a news application that will be detailed after the Google app. The Google app is not just another way to get to Google Search, instead it brings up the Google Now app.
- Google Now utilizes what are called Cards to provide for you various information, including (in this example) the weather. The app is intended to watch, for example, when you leave for work and give you an estimate on travel time - automatically. Also, if you are travelling it may give you updates on traffic or flight delays based on recent searches, navigation or heading. It will also give you sports scores and updates based on teams that you follow.
- An Example Card estimating travel time.
- Another Example covering a basketball game
- The Currents app shows news outlets, tapping on a new outlet will bring up categories
- Tapping on a category will bring up individual stories
- Showing individual stories
- The Play Music app has been updated. The primary features are automatic activation of Google Music access and a refreshed Recent tab, showing cover art of recent albums. Additional UI features and optimizations have been implemented in the Music app.
- The Gallery application is much unchanged, but with some UI optimizations and beautification.
- A look at the second Apps drawer with some key apps highlighted
- Google Wallet is intended to be a payment system for physical in-store purchases, using credit cards
- Play Movies opens a Movies section of the Play store in a custom app, allowing for rental or purchase of movies, as well as playing videos that have been downloaded to the device.
- Play Magazines will open the Magazine store, where you can buy and subscribe to magazines.
- The Google+ application has been updated to include a clean new interface, as well as support for Events.
- Play Books has been updated as well
- The YouTube app includes a Pre-load feature, to download videos for viewing without an internet connection.
- The Channel Feed screen has been updated as well
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Thursday, July 5, 2012
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Overview
Description: This is an overview or informational document on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. In this document we will provide a brief look into Jelly Bean and some of the features.