- Open a command prompt using one of the following methods:
- From the start menu, enter "CMD.EXE" (without the quotes) in the search box and press enter.
- From the start menu, select "Run". Enter CMD.EXE in the "Open:" box, and click OK
- From the start menu, select All programs, Accessories, and then click on "Command Prompt"
- In the Command Prompt window, enter "ipconfig/all" (without the quotes) and press enter. This will display all of your network connection's configurations. You can use the scroll bar to move through the list if you have several logical and physical network adapters. Verify that you do not have a "media disconnected" error for your Ethernet Adapter connection. (If so, check that all cables are connected and that your router or network switch shows activity for your connections.)
- In the Command Prompt window, enter "ipconfig/release" and press enter. This command will release your computer's current IP address.
- In the Command Prompt window, enter "ipconfig/renew" and press enter. This command will ask your router for a new IP address using DHCP protocol
If this is the only issue, you should now have access to the internet. If you still have issues connecting to a web site, you may need to check your Internet Options.
- To do this from Internet Explorer, click Tools and select Internet Options. From the Control Panel, click on Internet Options if you display controls in an icon view, or click "Network and
Internet" from the category view, and then click "Internet Options" to open the Internet Properties window.
- Select the "Connections" tab, and click on "LAN Settings"
- Check to see if "Automatically detect settings" is the only option checked. If it does not have a check mark, add one by clicking in the box. Make sure that "Use a Proxy Server" is unchecked. (Some malicious software will turn this on to control or limit your Internet access to convince you to pay to fix it.)
- Click OK and apply settings. Refresh the page in your web browser to test if the problem is fixed.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.