An RSS feed allows anyone to publish frequently updated works such as blog entries and news headlines in a standardized format. RSS feeds benefit publishers by allowing them to syndicate content automatically in a standardized XML format that allows many programs to receive updates.
- To add an RSS feed to Outlook 2010, right click on RSS Feeds on the left panel.
- Click Add a New RSS Feed.
- A box for adding the feed will appear.
- Type or paste (ctrl+c) the address of the desired RSS feed and click Add.
- A box will appear verifying that the RSS feed should be added. Click Yes.
- The feed has now been added as a folder in Outlook 2010.