- Left click on the Start Button.
- Type "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Virtual PC\Virtual Machines\" (without the quotes) into the Search programs and files Field.
- Press the Enter Button on your keyboard.
- Right click on the "Windows XP Mode.vsv" file and left click on the
- Left click on the Yes Button to complete the process.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
How to manually clear the XP Mode Save State in Windows 7
Description: This article outlines the process of manually clearing the XP Mode save state in Windows 7. Clearing the XP Mode save state allows the virtual machine to be forcibly restarted by clearing its stored virtual memory. This process allows the virtual machine to be restarted completely in the event that it becomes unable to recover from a hibernated state.