- Click Start
- Type CMD in the Search Programs and Files field
- Right click on the program titled CMD and select
Run As Administrator
- Within the command prompt window type netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
- Press Enter to reset the TCP/IP stack.
- Note: you may receive a slightly different message than that which is shown.
- Close the command prompt
- Restart the computer
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Thursday, December 15, 2011
How to manually reset the TCP/IP stack in Windows 7
When a computer is having difficulty connecting to a network and getting internet access, it is sometimes necessary to reset the TCP/IP stack. This guide will walk through how to manually reset the TCP/IP stack in Windows 7.