If you do not have the ESET username and password, they can be emailed to you by using this page:
If you have multiple sets of usernames and passwords, the general rule is that the usernames are given it in ascending order, so the username with the highest number after the "EAV-" will be the most current license.
- Open the ESET Security Suite by clicking on the Start button, then choosing All Programs
- On the All Programs menu, locate the ESET folder, then ESET NOD32 or ESET Smart Security and open the program.
- Once the program is open, click on Update on the left side.
- In the middle, click on Username and Password Setup.
- On the new window, erase and re-enter the ESET Username and Password, then click OK.
- Note: The license information is case sensitive.
- Note: The dash after the EAV must be included. EAV-12345678 is not the same as EAV12345678.
- Click on "Update Virus Signature Database" to update the program.
- If the problem still is not resolved, the program may need to be reinstalled or the license may be expired. Check the "Protection Status" screen to see any additional error messages.