- On the All Programs menu, locate the ESET folder, then ESET NOD32 or ESET Smart Security and open the program.
- Open the ESET Security Suite by clicking on the Start button, then choosing All Programs
- Once the program is open, click on Protection Status in the top left and read the error message.
- If it says that the license is expired, a new license will need to be purchased and installed.
- If a new license has already been purchased but the error message appears, skip this document and move on to Troubleshooting ESET Update Issues: Part Two.
- If it says anything else, proceed through this document.
- Check the bottom left of the newly opened ESET window. If it says Display: Standard mode, click on the Change button to set it to the Advanced Mode.
- If prompted, press Yes to toggle advanced mode.
- On the left side of the ESET program, click on Setup
- Click on Enter entire advanced setup tree, towards the bottom.
- Under Setup on the left side, look for Update.
- In the middle, click on Clear to clear the update cache.
- Once complete, click OK to close the advanced setup tree window.
- Back on the ESET Window, click on Update on the left, then choose Update Virus Signature Database.
- If the program updates, then the problem should be resolved permanently. If it does not, the program may need to be reinstalled.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Troubleshooting ESET NOD32 or Smart Security Update Issues: Part One
This is part one of a two-part troubleshooting series on issues with ESET NOD32 or ESET Smart Security downloading and installing the latest updates.
Posted by Micro Center Tech Support Blog at 12:47 PM