- Check the ESET icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. When this message appears it will remain green or blue, but become the letter "i".
- Double click the icon to open the ESET Window. When the window appears, you will receive the Home screen and the
"Operating system is not up to date" message.
- Click the "here" link at the end of the paragraph describing the problem.
- This screen may not look exactly the same, but will show the updates available for Windows. Click
Run System Update to proceed.
- Click Install Updates on the Windows Update screen.
- Once that process is complete, the error message will disappear from the ESET window and the ESET icon will return to normal.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Friday, October 21, 2011
Addressing the "Operating System is not up to date" notification in ESET NOD32 Antivirus/ESET Smart Security 5
ESET NOD32 Antivirus and ESET Smart Security keep track of whether or not your operating system is up to date. What this means is that when Windows Updates are available, ESET will provide a notification. Keeping your Operating System up to date is as important to your security as keeping your antivirus program up to date. This document will show you what the message looks like and what to do when it appears.