- Click the Start button in the lower left-hand corner of the screen and select Control Panel on the right half of the menu.
- The Control Panel should open in Category view. If the Control Panel does not open in Category view, click the Switch to Category View button.
- Click the Security Center category.
- Select the Windows Firewall icon below the Manage security settings for: heading.
- Switch the firewall to Off and click OK on the Windows Firewall window.
- The Windows Firewall is now off. Close the Security Center and Control Panel windows.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Thursday, May 12, 2011
How to Disable Windows Firewall in Windows XP
Windows Firewall can sometimes prevent files from being downloaded or interfere with a third-party firewall. This guide will walk-through how to disable Windows Firewall in Windows XP.