- The ESET icon has turned orange and opening the ESET window displays:
- There is not a problem with the ESET program The ESET security programs show an orange ESET icon when important updates are available for the operating system by default.
- Click on the orange here in the message to open the ESET listing of available updates.
- Click Run System Update button to open the Windows Update.
- The important updates are typically fixes for security weaknesses or known flaws in the operating system. These are what should be installed. Click the Install updates button to install the important updates.
- If you wish to disable this feature in the ESET security program follow the procedures on the ESET web site at: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2196&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1301085084376
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »