- Click on the Start button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Click on Control Panel on the right side of the screen.
- In the Control Panel, choose Uninstall a Program or Programs and Features.
- In the Search box in the top right corner of the window, type “McAfee” without the quotes and wait a moment as it registers the search results.
- Once all McAfee products are displayed, right click on the item to be removed and choose Uninstall or, if unavailable, choose Change/Remove.
- Choose to remove all security programs and click Next to proceed with uninstall.
- Once finished, restart the computer and install the new antivirus program.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Friday, February 4, 2011
How to Remove McAfee Security from Windows 7
This article details how to remove a McAfee security product from a desktop or laptop running Windows 7. This is useful when installing a new Antivirus program or upgrading the McAfee software.