This series will walk through how to network a Windows 7 PC to a Mac running OS X for the purpose of file sharing. The series begins with Windows 7 network settings. Before you begin, make sure the Mac and the PC are both connected to the same network. You may also need to temporarily disable or create an exception in your firewall to allow sharing.
- Click Start then select Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet.
- Click Network and Sharing Center.
- On the left side of the window, select Change advanced sharing settings.
- Within the options window, select Turn on File and printer sharing and click the
Save changes button. Close the options window.
- Click Start, then select Computer.
- Browse to the folder you wish to be shared, right click on the folder and select
- Within the properties window select the Sharing tab and click the
Advanced Sharing button.
- Check the box for Share this folder and click
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.