- Left click on the Start Button.
- Type "netplwiz" (without the quotes) into the
Search programs and files Field.
- Press the Enter Button on your keyboard.
- Left click on the Check Box to the left of "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer".
- Left click on the OK Button.
- Enter the information associated with the account to which you would like Windows to automatically log on into the "Automatically Log On" Window that appears.
- Left click on the OK Button to complete the process.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Monday, February 6, 2012
Tech Tip of the Day: How to configure Windows 7 to log on automatically
Description: This article outlines the process of configuring Windows 7 to automatically log on to a user account on startup.