- Go to the Microsoft Support Knowledge Base (KB) article entitled "How can I reset the Hosts file back to the default?" by clicking the following link in Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034
- Scroll to the ‘Fix it for me’ section, and
click on the ‘Microsoft Fix it’ logo.
- Click "Run" when asked to run or save
- Click the Checkbox next to ‘I Agree’ in the Installation Wizard that appears to accept the Microsoft Software Licensing Agreement and
click ‘Next’ to begin the installation of the ‘Microsoft Fix it’ solution.
- Click ‘Continue’ on the User Account Control (UAC) dialog window if one appears.
- Restart Your Computer to complete the process.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
How to Reset the HOSTS File on Your Windows Computer Automatically Using ‘Microsoft Fix it’
Description: This article describes the processes of restoring your Windows HOSTS file using the ‘Microsoft Fix it tool’.