After the initial set up is complete you are asked to follow the setup assistant. This sets up the computer and gets the unit registered in your name. When you restart the system the Setup Assistant starts up again. These steps below will assist in correcting the issue.
- Start your Mac with a "SAFE BOOT" by turning on the Mac while holding down the "Shift" key.
- The log in window will appear, click on the restart option. (Click back if the restart option is not displayed)
- Make sure you update your system to Mac OS X 10.5.2 after this.
- If the issue still persists: Restart the computer in single user mode, (holding down the "Command and S" key).
- Enter the three commands below pressing "Enter" after each command.
"mount -uw /"
- When the computer has reloaded the desktop please use the Software Update to update to Mac OS X 10.5.2.
You can also contact Technical Support here.