- Click on the Start button in the bottom left, then right-click on Computer and select Properties.
- On the new System window, click on Device Manager in the top left.
- Click on Action across the top, then choose Add Legacy Hardware from the dropdown menu.
- On the new wizard window, click Next to begin the wizard.
- In most cases choosing the Search for and install the hardware automatically option will be the best choice. Select this option and click Next. If this option fails, choose the Install the hardware that I manually select from a list option and follow the instructions.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Friday, August 26, 2011
How to Add a Legacy Hardware Device in Windows 7
This is a how-to document on the topic of adding a legacy hardware device in Windows 7.
Posted by Micro Center Tech Support Blog at 12:12 PM