- Click on the Start icon in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Type in the search box "user accounts" without the quotations, under Control Panel. Select Add or remove user accounts.
- Double-click on the account that you would like to delete.
- Select Delete the account. If the account is password protected, you will need to enter the password.
- The system will give you the option of whether or not to save the files in that user account. If it's not necessary to keep them, click on Delete Files. Otherwise, select Keep Files.
- Confirm that you want to delete the account by selecting Delete Account.
- The account and all of its files have now been deleted.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Thursday, June 2, 2011
How to Delete a User Account in Windows 7
This document is a guide on how to delete a user account in Windows 7. This can be useful when you have a user account that is no longer in use or if you had just created a user account for a test. When deleting a user account, you have the option to retain the files associated with that user account or to delete them along with the account.
Posted by Micro Center Tech Support Blog at 5:53 AM