- Click on the Start button in the bottom left. Then, in the Search programs and files box, type in "sound" without the quotes.
- Choose Sound from the list.
- To check if an audio device is working, right-click on the device and choose Test. Chimes should play through the device.
- To change the audio output device, right-click on the device to change it to and choose Set As Default.
- If a device is not listed, right-click in the blank space and choose Show Disabled Devices.
- To change the speaker configuration (set up surround sound, change speaker type, etc), right-click on the primary device which has the green check box next to it and choose Configure Speakers.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Friday, June 3, 2011
How to Adjust Sound Settings in Windows 7
This article is a how-to on adjusting the sound settings in Windows 7. This can be useful if the audio is not playing properly or if another audio output device is required.
Posted by Micro Center Tech Support Blog at 7:51 AM