- Click the Start button in the lower left-hand corner of the screen, then select Control Panel on the right half of the menu.
- The Control Panel should open in Category view. If the Control Panel does not, click the Switch to Category View link.
- Select the User Accounts category.
- Click the Create a new account link below Pick a task.
- Enter the name of the account you wish to add and click the Next button.
- Select the whether the account will be a Limited or
Computer administrator account and click the Create Account button.
- The account should then appear as a user at the login screen the next time you restart the computer or log off of the current user account.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
How to Add a New User Account in Windows XP
Windows XP comes with one user account set up by default. This guide will walk-through how to add a new user account in Windows XP.