- Click on the Start button in the bottom left, then choose Control Panel.
- Click on Programs on the bottom left.
- Click on Turn Windows features on or off and allow or grant permission if prompted.
- To remove an unwanted Windows feature, uncheck the box next to it and click OK.
- To add a feature, check the box next to it and click OK.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Thursday, April 14, 2011
How to Add or Remove Operating System features in Windows 7
This how-to article details how to add or remove operating system features in Windows 7. This can be useful if there are features unnecessarily installed in Windows 7, or if there are features missing or required.