- Click on the Start button in the bottom left of your screen, then in the Search programs and files box type in “autoplay” without the quotes. Press Enter.
- On the new window, locate the item to be changed. For this example, an Audo CD will be changed to have windows ask every time what to do, instead of playing automatically or any other action.
- Click on the option dropdown next to the item to be changed.
- Choose the option required for that particular item.
- Make any additional changes required, then click on Save in the bottom right to finalize the settings.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Change the Autoplay Settings in Windows 7
This how-to article details changing the Autoplay settings in Windows 7. This can be useful if: when a disc or drive is attached to the system, the system performs and undesired task, such as automatically beginning to play an audio CD.