- Log on to an administrator account. NOTE: If unsure which is an administrator account, follow the next two steps.
- Click on the Start button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- In the Search Programs and Files box, type Add user.
- Click on the Add or remove user accounts option at the top.
- Click on Create User Account in the middle of the newly opened screen.
- Enter the name for the account (usually the name of the user, but it can be whatever is preferred.)
- Select Standard User or Administrator. Read the criteria on the page to determine which should be used.
- Click on Create Account in the bottom right.
- The Account is now created. If a password is desired, click on the newly created account.
- Click on Create a Password and fill in the information.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
How to add a User Account in Windows 7
This article details how to add a limited user or administrator account to a Windows 7 system. This can be useful when adding users to the system and will allow each of them to have their own customizable interface.