- Within Outlook, select the folder for which to configure AutoArchive.
- Across the top of the Office Ribbon, choose the Folder tab.
- Choose the AutoArchive Settings option across the Ribbon.
- On the new window that appears, choose "Archive items in this folder using the default settings" and then click on the Default Archive Settings button.
- Check the Run AutoArchive Every... box and select the number of days. In most cases the
default (14) is sufficient.
- Select the other options as appropriate and click OK to confirm.
- Click OK on the Inbox Properties window to finalize.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Tech Tip of the Day: How to automatically archive old messages in Microsoft Outlook 2010
Description: This is a how-to article for Microsoft Outlook 2010 on the subject of setting AutoArchive to automatically archive old messages and emails.