- Click the Start Menu and type Task Scheduler Into the search box. Then hit the Enter key.
- Once the task scheduler has loaded you would want to click Create Task from the menu on the right.
- Enter a name and description for the task under the general tab.
- Then select the Triggers tab and pick a time you want it to run. In this example we will set up Internet Explorer to open on Startup.
- Once you have selected when you want the task to run click Ok
- Then click the Actions tab and click New.
- Select Start a Program as the action and then click Browse.
- Browse to the location of the program you would like to run, and double-click it.
- Click the OK box for the new action.
- Click the OK box for creating the task.
- Your task has been created.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Friday, April 27, 2012
Tech Tip of the Day: How to schedule a Task in Windows Task Scheduler
Description: If you need to have a program run at a set time you would be able to schedule it to run with Windows Task Scheduler.