- From any screen, double-tap the Home button. Alternatively, use four fingers and swipe up anywhere on the screen.
- This will display a row of applications (or Apps) along the bottom of the screen. These apps are scrollable by flicking left or right.
- To force close an application, Press and Hold on any app icon. All the icons will begin to shake.
- A red Minus Sign will appear in the top left corner of each icon. Press this to close the app.
- Repeat this process until the desired apps are closed.
- To exit this menu, double-tap the Home button again, or use four fingers and swipe down.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Tech Tip of the Day: How to force close background applications on an iOS device
Description: When exiting applications, they still run in the background, taking up memory. Here is how to force close (or kill) any apps running in the background.