Our first document covered some of the Timeline basics - what it is, what it does, why it's not as confusing as it seems. This second document will tackle enabling and configuring Timeline. Think of this as a companion to Facebook's information on the topic, which can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/about/timeline
- Log in to Facebook and then click on your name, next to your profile picture.
- Click on Get Timeline to begin. You will be taken to a new, Timeline-style screen.
- Click on Add A Cover to set your cover image.
- Facebook will give you a notice about the Cover. Read, accept the terms and click
- Once that is done, select Upload Photo to upload a new image for the Cover, or
Choose from Photos to choose a Cover from photos already uploaded.
- Drag your cover to reposition. In this case, I've used a stock Windows photo as my temporary photo. Once finished, click on
Save Changes in the bottom right.
- Once finished, your new Timeline photo combination will be complete.
- Once that is complete, your new Timeline page has been set up. We would recommend at this point that you take the
Facebook tour to learn even more about it. To do this, click on
Start Tour at the top.