Background: CCleaner is a "Freemium" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemium) utility that helps users safely and efficiently remove unused files from their computers. It is available as a free download at Piriform’s website (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download) for the Windows 7, Vista, XP, and 2000 operating systems, including both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Note: This article assumes you have previously installed the "Freemium" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemium) utility CCleaner by Piriform. If you do not already have this program installed on your computer, please download and install it before continuing onward by using the following guide: How to Download and Install CCleaner on Your Windows OS Computer
- Open CCleaner by left clicking on the Start Button » left clicking on
All Programs » left clicking on the CCleaner Folder » left clicking on the
CCleaner Link from the Programs List.
- Left Click on the Registry Tab on the left side of the
Piriform CCleaner Window.
- Ensure that all of the Registry Cleaner Options are Checked, and left click on the
"Scan for Issues" Button in the bottom right of the Piriform CCleaner Window to begin scanning for registry issues.
- Left click on the "Fix selected issues" Button on the bottom right of the Piriform CCleaner Window.
- Left click on the "Yes" Button at the bottom of the CCleaner Window that appears.
- Left Click on the "Save" Button at the bottom right of the
Save As Window to save the backup of changes to the registry.
- Left Click on the "Fix All Selected Issues" Button within the Piriform CCleaner Window.
- Left Click on the "Close" Button when all of the issues have been fixed.
- Restart Your Computer to complete the process.