- Begin by going to the Start Menu »
All Programs » Accessories »
System Tools » Disk Defragmenter.
- This will open Disk Defragmenter. From here, you can schedule a defragmentation, analyze the contents of the hard disk, or do an on-demand defrag.
- To begin defragmentation, choose the hard disk to defrag, and click
- The process will begin to analyze the disc, and begin the defragmentation process. This process does take quite some time, so slow progress is normal.
- The progress is available in the right column.
- The process can be cancelled at any time, without any disk damage, by clicking
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Friday, January 27, 2012
How to run Disk Defragmenter in Windows 7
Description: Running a defragmentation can improve system performance.