Note: Whenever an option, such as Continue above, has a blue and yellow shield on it, Windows may ask for permission to proceed. For the purposes of this document, always choose Yes or Allow to proceed.
- Click on Continue to proceed. If the intended window opens, then access has been granted. If not, proceed to the next step.
- Click on the underlined Security Tab option.
- On the new window, click on Continue.
- On the new window, select the name of the active user account.
- Check the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects box in the bottom left.
- Click OK.
- A new window "Windows Security" may appear. Click
Yes on that window.
- Click OK on the next window.
- Click OK to finish out of any open windows over top of the Explorer window viewing the folder, then attempt to open the folder and a file inside. If it works, access has been granted. If not, proceed to the next step.
- Right-click on the folder and choose Properties at the bottom of the menu.
- Select the Security tab, then click on Advanced.
- Click on Change Permissions in the bottom left.
- Check both of the boxes in the bottom left, then click OK.
- Click Yes, then click OK on the remaining open windows.
- Access to the folder and file is now granted.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.