- Left click on the Start Menu.
- Type "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" in the Search programs and files field.
- Left click on the Download Folder that appears.
- Hold down the Ctrl Key on your keyboard and press the A Key on Your Keyboard to select the contents of the folder.
- Press the Delete Key on your keyboard.
- Left click on the Yes Button to delete the items.
- Left click on the Continue Button if prompted.
- Restart your computer to complete the process.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Friday, December 9, 2011
How to clear the Windows Update Download Cache in Windows 7
Description: This article describes the process of deleting the Windows Update download cache in Windows 7, potentially resolving many instances where Windows will "hang" or "freeze" at the "Installing Updates" screen while shutting down.