- When you restart your computer after a failed resume from hibernation you see the following window:
- If you had any documents with unsaved changes you should try the "Continue with system resume" option. Use the arrow keys to highlight the option and press "Enter."
- If it still fails to boot to Windows, turn the computer off and then on.
- The Windows Resume Loader will come up again.
- Make sure "Delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu" is selected. If not, use the up and down arrows to highlight it and press "Enter."
- Windows should start normally. Unfortunately, you may not be able to recover any unsaved changes to documents.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Delete Restoration Data and Proceed to System Boot Menu Windows 7
A resume from hibernation is interrupted or fails to complete a resume. When you restart, the Windows Resume Loader appears.