- Click on the Start button in the bottom left, then choose Control Panel.
- In the top left corner underneath System and Security, click on Review your computer's status.
- If there are any security issues, they will show here under Security. In this example, the firewall in the ESET Smart Security program has been turned off.
- If there are no issues, it sill be minimized and will show no information as in this example:
- To view additional information, click on the down arrow to the right of the Security option.
- Here are some examples of what shows on a system with ESET Smart Security:
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Thursday, July 28, 2011
How to Check the Security Status in Windows 7
This is a how-to article on checking the Security Status in Windows 7. This can be useful to verify that the system is protected.
Posted by Micro Center Tech Support Blog at 5:22 AM