- Click on the Start button and type "backup" in the search programs and files field.
- Select Backup and Restore from the results.
- Click on Set up backup option.
- Select the destination drive for the backup. Click Next.
- If unsure which option to select, choose the Let Windows Choose (Recommended)
option and click next. If the exact folders to be backed up are known, select the
Let Me Choose and click Next.
Note that this tutorial details the Let Windows Choose option, and not the Let Me Choose option.
- By default the backup will be run weekly, on the date and time displayed on the screen. If another schedule is required, select Change schedule and change the schedule as desired.
- Click on Save Settings and Exit.
- Here is what it should look during the backup process.
- After the backup is completed the screen will look similar to the one below indicating that the backup is complete.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Monday, July 25, 2011
Backing Up Files and Settings with Windows 7 Backup
This is a walk-through on backing up files in Windows 7.
Posted by Micro Center Tech Support Blog at 6:28 AM