- Click on the Start button in the bottom left, and in the Search Programs and Files box enter the word "gadget" without quotes and press Enter.
- In the new window, select a Gadget and drag it on to the desktop to place it there. These gadgets can be moved around at will.
- To remove a gadget, move the mouse pointer over the gadget, which will display the gadget options, then click on the X in the top right.
- To change the size of a gadget, move the mouse pointer over the gadget, which will display the gadget options, then click on the Larger Size or Smaller Size button to change the size.
- To change the settings on the the gadget, move the mouse pointer over the gadget, which will display the gadget options, then click on the Options button to open the options window. Note: Not all gadgets have an Options screen.
- To find more gadgets, click on the Get more gadgets online button in the bottom right of the Gadgets window.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Monday, June 6, 2011
How to Set Up Desktop Gadgets in Windows 7
This is a how-to article on setting up Desktop Gadgets in Windows 7. Gadgets are small application windows that run behind programs and do things like display news updates, display CPU usage, stock tickers and more.
Posted by Micro Center Tech Support Blog at 11:21 AM