- Click Start and then click Computer.
- Right-click on the drive C: and select Properties.
- Click the Tools tab across the top of the Properties window.
- Select Check Now under Error-Checking.
- Select both to automatically fix file system errors and scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. Click Start.
- Since the hard disk is in use, you cannot use the computer while the check disk is running. Select the option to Schedule disk check when you restart the computer.
- Restart the computer to begin the check disk.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Thursday, June 16, 2011
How to Run a Check Disk
If a hard drive is giving errors or there is ever a message saying your disk needs checked for consistency, you may have bad sectors in your hard drive. To scan and correct these errors, you should run a check disk. This guide will walk you through how to run a check disk function.
Posted by Micro Center Tech Support Blog at 5:45 AM