- Within Outlook, click on the File option in the top left.
- Click on Account Settings.
- Click on Account Settings on the submenu that appears.
- Select the email account to be repaired and click on Repair to begin the repair.
- Select E-mail Account to have Outlook automatically configure the email settings, or Manually Configure Server Settings or Additional Server Types to
configure them manually. Then, click on Next to finalize.
- If Outlook is finding the settings automatically, wait as it finds the settings and click Finish to complete the repair.
- If the settings will be repaired manually, verify that all of the settings are correct on the screen. In the More Settings options, click on Next to finalize.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Friday, June 17, 2011
How to Repair Email Account Settings in Microsoft Outlook 2010
This is a how-to article for Microsoft Outlook 2010 on the subject of repairing email account settings. This could be useful if Outlook has stopped sending and receiving messages or there are other related errors.
Posted by Micro Center Tech Support Blog at 8:24 AM