- Open Microsoft Word 2010 by clicking Start » All Programs » Microsoft Office » Microsoft Word 2010.
- Select the area you would like to insert the reference.
- Click the References tab across the top of the page.
- Click the Insert Citation button.
- Click Add New Source.
- Input the source type and information about the source and click OK.
- The source will then appear and will automatically be added to the built in Bibliography which can be accessed via the Bibliography button at the top of the page.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »
Thursday, June 23, 2011
How to Insert a Citation into Microsoft Word 2010
When writing a paper for class or making a reference to another work, it is important to include a citation. Using the citation feature in Microsoft Word rather than using the manual method is useful as it adds the citation to a list so Microsoft Word can later create a bibliography for the document automatically. This guide will walk-through how to insert a citation into a Microsoft Word document.
Posted by Micro Center Tech Support Blog at 5:43 AM