This week, we are going to focus on creating recovery media for different systems. For Day 1, this article shows you how to make backup discs for eMachine-brand desktops and notebooks.
Before you begin:
If you are creating recovery discs, ensure that you have several blank DVD±R discs. Note that you cannot use DVD±RW or DVD±R Double-Layer discs to create the recovery media.
Close all open applications on the PC. You will not be able to use the computer while it is creating the recovery media.
To create recovery media:
1. Click on Start and then All Programs.
2. Click on the eMachines folder and then on the eMachines Recovery Management. This will launch the eMachines Recovery Management application.
3. Click on Create Factory Default Disc. The Create Backup Disc dialog box will appear and provide information on the number of blank media that is needed for the recovery media.
4. Insert a blank disc into the drive indicated in the Burn To list and click Start. The eMachines Recovery Management application will be in the process of creating the recovery media.
5. The disc will be ejected whenever it has completed burning, if multiple discs are required insert a new disc when prompted and click Ok.
eMachines Support. FAQs.
Welcome to the Micro Center Tech Support Blog!
Find free technical support on a variety of products featured at Micro Center and plenty of how-tos on new technology. Start searching our Blog below or search our Tech Center archives »
Can't find what your looking for? Take advantage of our Tech Support services »
Join the MC Tech Support Community Forum: Get direct advice from the Knowledge Experts @ Micro Center.
Click here to access the Forum »